Only WordPress.org (self hosted) blogs have the ability to use custom themes and plugins. If you are currently on WordPress.com then you will first need to upgrade to WordPress.org. This has the added benefit of removing ads which are sometimes displayed on your blog if you are on wordpress.com.
It can be a bit daunting if you haven’t setup WordPress before, but we’re here to help! We can handle the entire process for you. This FREE* service includes the following:
- Installation of WordPress on your domain name.
- If you already have a custom domain then you can continue to use this.
- Transfer of all blog content (e.g. posts, comments, pages and images) from wordpress.com.
- You will keep all your subscribers/followers.
- WordPress settings tweaked to ensure the best Search Engine Optimisation.
- Expert security setup (keep your blog safe from hackers and viruses).
- Spam protection (stop comment spam).
- Speed improvements so your site loads quickly.
*How do I qualify for a free migration?
There are two simple steps to qualify for a free WordPress migration:
Step 1 – Purchase the a hosting package from SiteGround using this link (we earn a commission which covers our time to install WordPress for you. Make sure you use the link, otherwise we can’t complete the service free of charge!).
We recommend the GrowBig package, but you can select StartUp if that suits your needs.
Step 2 – Purchase any of our WordPress themes.
Please note, this service is for WordPress.com transfers only. If your blog is on another platform, such as Blogger, please see this page instead.
I’m in! What now?
After you have completed step 1 and 2 above, please enter your details into the form below. We will then migrate your blog and install your new theme within 5 days (though it is usually quicker than this). During this time you can continue to use your current blog as normal. You will be notified as soon as the transfer is complete.