Are you currently using WordPress.com? It is only possible to install themes on “self hosted” WordPress sites (also known as WordPress.org). If you want to use our themes, you will need to upgrade first.
How to switch from com to org
It is very easy to upgrade to WordPress.org, simply purchase a hosting plan from Bluehost. This comes with a 30 day money-back guarantee for extra peace of mind. So you can try it out and see how you like it.
After purchasing a plan, the host will complete the transfer at your convenience. You just need to contact their support team to begin. Easy as that!
You can keep using the same domain name (e.g. myblog.com) and all the same features/content will be carried over.
Why upgrade to WordPress.org?
- Use any themes/plugins (thousands to choose from).
- Keep all the same features as WordPress.com.
- Use any Monetisation tools you like (e.g Google Adsense or Skimlinks).
- You’re free to earn 100% revenue from any ads.
- Improved site speed and SEO.
- 100% control over your content.
- Awesome free plugins such as Page Builders, newsletter popups and SEO tools.
- Write about any topics without limits.
Not sure what to do next?
If you need any help setting up your hosting or transferring your site, you are welcome to contact email@example.com