Please note, in order to use WordPress you will also need to purchase a WordPress hosting plan from Bluehost
Out of stock
- Transfer from Squarespace.
- FREE WordPress theme!
- Keep all your links/posts for SEO.
- Keep all blog content (e.g. posts, pages, links, subscribers and images).
- Access to premium WP101 tutorials (example).
- Site remains online during the whole process (no downtime).
Please scroll further down this page for more details on our WordPress migration service.
Setting up WordPress can be a daunting task if you haven’t done it before. Not only this, but the extra complications of moving from one platform to another can cause serious problems with your site’s search engine position if you are not careful.
Our custom built migration system means we can transfer your posts and pages safely. Unlike other providers, your content will keep all features such as rewardStyle, Shopstyle and Mediavine. Such features are normally stripped out when exporting content from Squarespace.
Our Squarespace to WordPress Migration includes:
- Transfer from Squarespace.
- Installation of WordPress.org platform.
- FREE WordPress theme from our range!
- Migration of all posts, pages, links, subscribers, images, widgets. Please note e-commerce content is not included at this time.
- All posts will retain their url/link structure (keeping any SEO).
- WordPress settings tweaked to ensure the best Search Engine Optimisation.
- Expert security setup (keep your site safe and secure).
- Copy all rewardStyle/Shopstyle features.
- Keep using the same custom domain name, or change to a new one if you prefer.
- Spam shield integration (blocks spam comments).
- Your site will remain online during the whole process.
- Your site will be preconfigured with our custom widgets and features.
- Submission of sitemap to Google & Bing.
- Site installed over HTTPS to comply with new Google changes.
Why trust us with your website?
How long does it take?
The whole process normally takes around 3 days to complete. Your Squarespace site will remain online at all times and there will be no downtime. Your normal readers can continue to access your posts and pages as normal.
How does it work?
- Purchase the migration service (using the button at the top of this page).
- Purchase a WordPress hosting plan from Bluehost
- Contact us by replying to your email receipt
- Sit back and relax! we will contact you to get started on the migration
Free WordPress 101 Tutorials
As well as 1 to 1 guidance and advice, you will have access to an in-depth video tutorial series all about WordPress. This premium series normally costs $87 from the “WP101” team, but is completely free with our migration service! You can view an example video by clicking here. This series includes topics such as:
- The WordPress Dashboard
- Posts vs. Pages
- The Editor
- Creating a New Post
- Editing an Existing Post
- Using Categories and Tags
- Creating and Editing Pages
- Adding Photos and Images
- How to Embed Videos
- Using the Media Library
- Adding Widgets
- Custom Menus
- Installing Plugins
- Creating Links
- Managing Comments
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes that’s no problem. We can connect your current domain to your new WordPress site. It is also possible to change to a new domain if you wanted to use a different one for the new site.
You can use any domain you like on the new site, from any domain provider. We can connect this to the WordPress hosting you select at Bluehost.
We aim to complete a migration within 3 days. There will be no downtime, so all your posts and pages will remain online for people during those 3 days. We can also aim to launch the new site on a specific date if you would prefer.
Yes, you can continue to edit blog posts and any content on Squarespace during the migration.
We’ve transferred websites of all shapes and sizes, so you will be in safe hands. Whether you have 5 posts or 5000 posts, the process remains the same and you won’t lose any content.
Normally, such code is stripped out when your content is imported to WordPress. Our custom built import process ensures that all rewardStyle and Shopstyle widgets will be kept in your posts. You won’t lose any “Shop the post” features or embedded links.
No, we will setup the new site in the background so that it won’t effect your live website. This means that there will will be no downtime. Your site will seamlessly transition from Squarespace to WordPress.
Yes you can continue to use Squarespace as normal whilst we migrate your site.
We will migrate all of your drafts and scheduled posts to the new site. They will be in your new WordPress dashboard ready and waiting for you when you log in.
Your post content will mostly retain its formatting. All images and galleries will also be imported into WordPress. If you use rewardStyle, Shopstyle or other affiliate netoworks, those links will also continue to work as normal.
You can select any plan you like from Bluehost. You should choose a plan which is suitable for the amount of traffic your site receives. If you would like your pages to load as quickly as possible (which is great for your site’s SEO) then you might like to select one of the higher level plans available.
Yes you can use Adsense or any other advertising platform on WordPress. If you already have an Adsense account on Squarespace, we will transfer your ads to the new site too.
Yep! You’ll have full control of your site so you can install any widgets/plugins you want to use.
Squarespace will sometimes include the date in your post links. However if you would prefer to remove the dates from the links, we can set this up during the migration. Just let us know after purchasing and we’ll be happy to arrange it. Removing dates from post links can have an SEO benefit in some cases since Google will see the post as more recent.
Moving to WordPress is likely to improve your SEO due to a better post/page content structure. We will also install and configure the Yoast SEO plugin, so that you can really take your SEO to the next level. All of your post links will remain the same for Google/Bing etc to index as normal.
Nope! If you’re using Disqus for your post comments we will make sure they are kept on each post.
No, we will create an account for you during the setup process. This will then be sent to you as soon as the migration is complete. If you already have an account, we can also use that instead.